• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tattoo

La Brique Jaune

Official member of la confradia del pinza del oro
Time of past OR future Camino
2017: SJPDP to Finisterre
2024: SJDP to ?
Hi to all,

I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The tattoo I think about about is a phrase meanful for me since one and half decade. I don't looking for the best price i'm looking for for the best artist and quality. It could in Santiago or after since I need to be in Finistere, Any suggestion ?

ps: I will be fews days in Santiagi

Thanks

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi to all,

I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The tattoo I think about about is a phrase meanful for me since one and half decade. I don't looking for the best price i'm looking for for the best artist and quality. It could in Santiago or after since I need to be in Finistere, Any suggestion ?

Thanks
Last October I got my 2nd tattoo in Santiago. The tattooist was amazing, and I would highly recommend going there. He speaks some English and helped me with my Spanish! €60 well worth it!
Trasnos Tattoos https://maps.google.com/maps/place/...64?entry=s&sa=X&ved=1t:8290&hl=en-gb&ictx=111

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I don't looking for the best price i'm looking for for the best artist and quality. I
This reminds me of a long standing joke in the project management community when discussing getting a project to deliver a high quality outcome, on time and within budget. It can be good and cheap, but late, good and on time, but over budget, or on time and on budget, but rubbish. It will never be all three! I suspect, @La Brique Jaune, that you face the same dilemma.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Love La NASA! Recommended by locals at an Opi pedi-spot, so we saw their work before ever going. English speaking, 50€? I’d go back!

Attachments

• E97DA6CC-4182-4F79-9C69-6725138A6603.jpeg
    E97DA6CC-4182-4F79-9C69-6725138A6603.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
Two years ago i used Sagrado corazon tattoo. I am really happy with the service! But it felt a little bit like I was getting a cattle stamp :-D I was there in september and part of a steady line of pilgrims getting shell-tattoos. I love mine, its not that, but this time I am planning something more personal and I am going with Clay Tattoo (mentioned above). I have communicated with the artist in advance and he has developed some designs for me. He is also flexible with the timing so that I can contact him when I know more about when I will be arriving (it is not a precise science when the camino is 6 weeks long).

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi to all,

Thanks
Don't forget that if you get a new tattoo, there is no soaking in water for a few weeks while it heals. If it were me, I would wait to get that tattoo in the winter when I wouldn't be swimming anywhere. I know it is special to get it right at the end of the Camino, but it may not be convenient

If you plan to go frolicking in the sea at Finesterre, I would suggest leaving the tattoo til afterwards.. fresh tattoos and saltwater/sun don't mix..
Good Point

View attachment 166675View attachment 166675I had mine done at Ethan Clay tattoo studio. There are deals for pilgrims.
Gosh,I really like this
All I want though is a little yellow arrow above my ankle but husband, children, in-laws and outlaws are aghast at the suggestion
My grandson wants to be a tattoo artist but I haven’t got the years left to wait for him!
Now I only have 2 ambitions left….
To get that tattoo and climb Teide in Tenerife again
Simples!

Highly recommend the studio called “Dr Mortiis” Rua de San Pedro 96. I got a custom tattoo - the artist created it from a pic I had on my phone. Got this tattoo in 2017 and it is still pretty sharp and crisp. Blurring is normal as tattoos age, even more so on an older person like me, but I’ve been surprised how relatively clean this one has stayed compared to my other tattoos. I assume it’s because of good quality Ink. (Or maybe it’s because I got it in a sacred place like Santiago after a magical Camino.) Anyway, I’d go back to Dr Mortiis in a heartbeat.

Gosh,I really like this
All I want though is a little yellow arrow above my ankle but husband, children, in-laws and outlaws are aghast at the suggestion
My grandson wants to be a tattoo artist but I haven’t got the years left to wait for him!
Simples!
Do it for you! I’ve had friends flip out over my tattoos, but it’s their problem, not mine. I love my pretty, artistic tattoos, and they have deep, sacramental meaning to me. Zero regrets. I can understand why some people are turned off by more subversive tattoo imagery, which is sometimes dark and creepy, but a teeny little Camino arrow on your ankle? Go for it!

Gosh,I really like this
Simples!
My family are much the same but honestly, who cares! One little yellow arrow is hardly offensive. I warned my husband I was getting one before I came home and he was not happy, but I’m a 50+ woman who’s quite capable of making my own choices and I was very proud of what I had achieved (flying from Australia, walking solo……). Now he’s the one who gets me to show it to people, I think he is also quite proud of what I did. Go for it, be proud!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I once met a man with extensive tattoos up one arm, down the other, and across his ribs. When I asked what his art represented he told me the story that was woven in his tattoos. It was a beautiful multifaceted story that brought tears to my eyes.

Gosh,I really like this
Simples!
You only live once, get your tattoo!

Being very conservative, I will admit to having spent time judging my adult children who are both extensively tattooed. Then I spent 6 weeks walking the Frances with my daughter and actually had time to discuss the reasons and meanings for her tattoos. It allowed me to understand. I now have three including the first very small shell I got in Santiago, the beautiful red poppy which reminds me of the Camino every day and an impressionist painting I love. I’m proud of them and what they mean to me. Getting a tattoo is personal- and you do it for yourself.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.