Wind then snow at Roncesvalles

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
W

whariwharangi

50 kph or 50 mph wind ... in snow conditions? (strong gale is 47 - 54 mph 9 out of 12 on Beaufort Scale) That's white out conditions and hypothermia conditions. Get a pilgrim somewhat wet and somewhat tired, particularly if he isn't equipped for it and doesn't have good navigation skills ... that's a recipe for disaster.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

KinkyOne

Veteran Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Time of past OR future Camino
I'am not perfect, but I'm always myself!!!
50 kph or 50 mph wind ... in snow conditions? (strong gale is 47 - 54 mph 9 out of 12 on Beaufort Scale) That's white out conditions and hypothermia conditions. Get a pilgrim somewhat wet and somewhat tired, particularly if he isn't equipped for it and doesn't have good navigation skills ... that's a recipe for disaster.
But it can also be a beautiful experience if you know what you're doing ;)

Reactions: Icacos and tploomis

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
Jul 20, 2012
Wolverhampton, England
I think sitting in front of the fireplace with a vino tinto in my hand gazing at the camino photo I had printed on canvas and framed is more my winter cup of tea. Here it is with my Camino buddy Remy in the foreground - on the way to Azofra, May 17th 2014.
camino photo.jpg

Last edited:

Margaret Butterworth

Jun 16, 2014
Perth, Australia
Time of past OR future Camino
2013 (Pamplona to Burgos)
2014 (Burgos to Villafranca del Bierzo)
2015 (Villafranca to Santiago)
2016 (Le Puy to Conques; SJPP To Pamplona)
Al, I love your idea of a canvas photograph. I'm going to get one done ASAP. BTW, I've just received a calendar ordered from Amazon of the "Camino de Santiago", with a beautiful picture of the bronze scallop shell in a wet Burgos pavement on the front. I think you'd like it.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
D

Deleted member 3000

Snow at Roncesvalles and O Cebreiro. AEMet is predicting 18cm accumulation in Roncesvalles through Sunday, and continuing snow until at least Friday.

It looks to be ankle deep in O Cebreiro.

Reactions: Tamas
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I did not use Bookings.com during my Camino, but most pilgrims I met did. And from this site it is evident that most people use Bookings at least some of the time. This article is for those of...
Hi all, I have access to data on arrivals of pilgrims to Santiago by day, country, age, gender, departure point, route, reason and means used. Based on this data, I am analysing it to develop a...
Currently I am in Burgos resting up from a knee injury. I am not giving up the possibility of continuing on foot, but in the meantime I would like ideas of options in the event that I can not...
Im planning a November Frances Camino. I have an Altus rain coat that covers me and pack nicely but I’m wondering do I get a backpack cover and wear a hooded shell light jacket over heavier...
....asked me to remind you that May 12 is the Feast of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Hi everyone! I'm planning to start on the Camino de Francés, then from Léon I will walk the Camino San Salvador, then the Camino Primitivo and maybe if I have time the Camino de Fisterra. My...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides