A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos
First look at Navarette
Dennis D

First look at Navarette

I agree with amorfati1, a beautiful picture. Navarette was a gem on the Camino. I attended Mass at the 16th century Church of the Assumption there in May 2012; the altar was simply spectacular where gold laminate covered ornate carvings from the floor to the dome 80 feet up! By the way, I believe the 'tree-beings' are actually "old vine" grapes which produce superior wine.

I arrived here just after 4.00 pm having cycled some 40 km on a very hot afternoon; I was totally spent and obtained one of the last beds in town. Its a totally different view arriving via the walkers Camino. I think the church was closed that night as no one mentioned a pilgrims mass. Will check it out next Spring. Cheers!

I and my walking companion stayed here again last May. My “Camino Daughter “ had blisters & a bit of cold/fever, of course our albergue was right at the far end of town. But it had a good kitchen and there was a supermarket close by. It’s one town I would always recommend!

Media information

Category
Camino Frances
Added by
Dennis D
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Image metadata

Filename
_DSC8442-Web-1.jpg
File size
505.6 KB
Date taken
Thu, 18 June 2015 7:54 AM
Dimensions
894px x 544px

Share this media

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com