• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Hello! Starting tomorrow!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen camino! Great that you are starting in Mont-de-Marsan! By the time you reach Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port it will be a mere stroll :) .
Wishing you good luck!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yes, all the best from me too. It never occurred to me to start from there. Good idea. You’ll enjoy it. A good time of the year too, lots of flowers. Buen Camino!
Thank you! My idea was to do 1000km. had to stretched that walk in both directions :) … and flowers, perfect didn’t thought about it. actually this is what i love about camino. every single person focuses on something different. i think this is one of powers of such walks. i love it

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Good luck on your Camino.

I had thought about starting about 1 week of walking before Saint Jean Pied de Port, as way to get some walking under my belt before tackling the Pyrenees.

Did not do this, instead used the Bouricott Mountain Shuttle to break up the mountains into two days walking.

I'll be interested in hearing your experiences as you walk.

Jim

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Good luck on your Camino.

I had thought about starting about 1 week of walking before Saint Jean Pied de Port, as way to get some walking under my belt before tackling the Pyrenees.

Did not do this, instead used the Bouricott Mountain Shuttle to break up the mountains into two days walking.

I'll be interested in hearing your experiences as you walk.

Jim
will share my findings later Jim, i had similar thinking about that. somehow i preferred to had this “steep warm-up” first, but not only about walking and climbing but also familiarizing with the life on camino.

Hello everyone! Just wanted to say Hi❤️

I’m total newbie here :) Starting my Camino tomorrow. My path is from Mont-de-Marsan to Fisterra.

Wish me luck, and good luck to all of you who need it!

View attachment 167058
Good luck, @KamilJordan!
I hope you'll have the time of your life so far!
I can't wait too to start my first camino this month!
Buen Camino! 🍀

Good luck, @KamilJordan!
I hope you'll have the time of your life so far!
I can't wait too to start my first camino this month!
Buen Camino! 🍀
Thank you! I fully understand your excitement. Just completed Day1 it was great (however i didn’t prepapred myself for 5 degrees in the morning 🥶) and now im readying for tomorrow walk. Good luck on your Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I am 29 doing the Frances by myself starting in SJPdP next week. I didn’t realize this was a busiest time to do the Frances so I am really nervous about the bed race. I don’t mind socializing or...
Hi, can I get second hand poles from Casa Ivar? Happy to make donation. Walking from Santiago to Muxia, then the Primitivo. Will return them when done.....thanks
New user here. Hello to you all. New to the forum but not to the Camino. I was told about this Forum whilst I walking the lovely scenic 'Camino Norte'. I'm planning walking another in June.
Hi, A couple years ago I flew into Geneva and took a train to Laussane to begin my Francigena. Next year I would like to fly into Geneva and walk the south side - France into Aigle, Switzerland...
Hi forum friends, I've been reading lots of posts on here to prepare for my first Camino: May 11th to 16th, central Portuguese way starting from the portuguese border to Tui Spain As a solo female...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.