• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Resource icon

Shampoo and Conditioner Bars, Homemade Soap 2024-01-16

No permission to download
My shop is now back open: La Rioja Soap Company
I started making my own shampoo and conditioner bars after I walked a couple of Caminos and wished I had an alternative to bottles of liquid (I couldn't even FIND small bottles of hair conditioner in Spain and I can't get a comb through my hair without it!). I was unimpressed by the quality and durability of the Lush versions, so with a lot of experimentation, I developed these.

These biscuits of shampoo and condition will last you longer than a month. And - in my personal experience - they out-perform all the high-end, fancy salon liquid versions. Your hair will be healthy, shiny and unbelievably soft.

I make soap too. I wanted to make a soap that is gentle, sudsy and long-lasting that I could use for my body and washing clothes on the Camino. The pH of natural soap is way too high for hair, and causes dryness and damage, no matter how many great, natural oils it contains. Don't even get me started on Dr. Bronner's Castile (NOT) soap.

The shampoo bar is scented with rosemary mint and the conditioner bar is scented with lavender essential oil but I can make em with citrus, other scents or no scent on request.

I also make these with 1.5% zinc pyrithione, for those who need this (I make em for my daughter).

My goal is not to make a profit, selling these. I love formulating They are expensive to make and I charge enough to break even.

I also make piñon salve, lip balm, lotion bars and who knows what I'll make tomorrow.

PM me for price and delivery options.
  • shampoo and conditioner bars.jpg
    shampoo and conditioner bars.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 31
Author
JillGat
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from JillGat

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.
This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back