• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

2006, no smoking in Spain?

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
January 1st 2006 a stricter smoking law goes into effect in Spain. As far as I understand here are the main new smoking rules:

- No smoking at work (need to go outside).

- Restaurants/Bars bigger than 100 m2 need to have a section for smokers and one for non smokers.
- Restaurants/Bars smaller than 100 m2 need to select if their establishment is a smoking or non-smoking establishment. A survey in Galicia shows that about 80% of Bars will select to be a smoking establishment.

...needless to say, having a law is one thing in real life I wonder how it will turn out. All in all, less smoke is a good thing and if you have visited Spain, you would know that people smoke a lot here.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I had lunch at Cafe Suso today, it has now become a "smoking is allowed" establishment (in case anyone was worried)

I also stopped by the pilgrim’s office, around 15.00.... not a pilgrim in sight. It was quiet. The sun was coming out after several days or rain, so old town was nice today.

Most read last week in this forum