• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

5 days of camino

Dspat

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese
Hi! I already walked the coastal Camino (Porto Santiago) and would like to take the opportunity to walk again for 5days with an average of 30km per day. I am in good health condition and don't mind walking with heat, provided I have enough water

I am considering the following routes in summer:
- Santarém to Coimbra through Tomar
- Viseu to Chaves (I am afraid it will be a bit short in time)
- the "new" caminho do mar from Estoril to Fatima or Tomar through Sintra, Mafra and Ericeira. Did someone actually walked this camino? Is is well marked?
- Santiago - Fisterra

Any recommendation to enjoy as much as possible nature, calm and historical places?

Thank you and buen camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Having just returned from walking it, I would thoroughly recommend Santiago to Fisterra/Muxia. We absolutely loved finishing at Muxia - it felt very special. With 5 days, you could comfortably do this.
Probably more nature/calm than historical - from Cee to Fisterra was particularly beautiful as was the walk on to Muxia.

I agree with Rich1. The walk from Santiago to Muxia via Cee and Finisterre was the most special time for me. I found myself feeling emotional and anxious once in Santiago. I believe it was the culmination of something I thoroughly loved being a part of which created the emotional feelings, and the throngs of humanity and the height of consumerism were a stark reminder of what I was trying to leave behind. The simplicity of the Camino was wonderful. Within an hour of leaving Santiago behind the next day, I felt an immediate sense of relief. Buen Camino whatever path you take. Thank you, Ivar, for this wonderful forum. I visit it every day and feel such a connection to you all.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Whichever You choose ....go to Tomar . It's an extraordinary place , a treat for the eyes ...and the morning walk out of the town , following the river , is just beautiful . Tomar , definitely !

I agree with Rich1. The walk from Santiago to Muxia via Cee and Finisterre was the most special time for me. I found myself feeling emotional and anxious once in Santiago. I believe it was the culmination of something I thoroughly loved being a part of which created the emotional feelings, and the throngs of humanity and the height of consumerism were a stark reminder of what I was trying to leave behind. The simplicity of the Camino was wonderful. Within an hour of leaving Santiago behind the next day, I felt an immediate sense of relief. Buen Camino whatever path you take. Thank you, Ivar, for this wonderful forum. I visit it every day and feel such a connection to you all.
Wow! I couldn't say it any better! I feel exactly the same. I live thousands of miles away in southern Africa, but my whole being can still relive the feeling I had when I left Santiago d C and set out for Negreira.
Ivar, this site keeps my memories alive! Thank you and blessings

Having just returned from walking it, I would thoroughly recommend Santiago to Fisterra/Muxia. We absolutely loved finishing at Muxia - it felt very special. With 5 days, you could comfortably do this.
Probably more nature/calm than historical - from Cee to Fisterra was particularly beautiful as was the walk on to Muxia.
I totally agree. I did this last September and of all the lovely places we walked through, Muxia was my favourite and a beautiful place to finish the pilgrimage.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.

Most read last week in this forum

Dear people, In April, we will cycle from Seville to Santiago de Compostella on our recumbent tandem. It will be our first time cycling a camino and we are really looking forward to it. After...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back