• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

5 minute train transfer in Ourense

GuyA

Time of past OR future Camino
Looking for some advice…will be travelling from Santiago de Compostela to Leon shortly. I have two choices Alsa bus 6 hr or Renfre 4:30 hr which requires a transfer at Ourense.

My concern is the Ourense transfer is only 5 minutes…I welcome any feedback from any forum member who has done this…good or bad idea with respect to 5 minute transfer.

Thanks

Guy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A selection of Camino Jewellery
We did such a transfer some years ago on our way to Santiago. The trains came in on either side of an island platform and we just walked across and got on our new train. It was clearly planned that way.

I made the same trip a few years ago and it went without a problem. The train from Santiago pulled into Ourense and we stepped off and within a couple of minutes the train to Leon pulled in on the track beside the one we arrived on.
Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks all…in the end a different solution. My walking friend was taking a 6:15 am train to Porto and we were sharing a room. Had trouble with Renfe website (don’t know why!) so went to Trainline and there was a 6:25 am train to Ourense. So wait in Santiago or Ourense for 2 hours (and not have 5 minute change). So opted for the latter.

On to Camino Salvador starting tomorrow. Camino Primitivo 12 day walk was superb!

Guy

When you arrive in Ourense (from whichever part of Spain) the fast train to Santiago is there waiting for you. Even if you get there a few minutes late the connecting train to Santiago will wait for you!

Most read last week in this forum