• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

6 days - what to do?

HDD500

Time of past OR future Camino
I hope to walk part of the Camino del Norte this summer.
Hi all,

I have some annual leave booked this September and am thinking of walking the first part of the Camino del Norte. I land in Biarritz on the Sunday and then plan to walk till Saturday as I have to fly home from Biarritz on Saturday evening. My question is how far can / should I aim to walk?

Based on previous reading I think I can get to Guernica and then will have to bus, train, etc. back to Biarritz. Is this possible? Or can I make it further, maybe even to Bilbao?

I'm 28 years old, pretty fit and regularly do long walks/hikes.

Thanks,
Henry

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
From Irun to Bilbao in 6 days is doable. Another option would be San Sebastian to Bilbao. Both very nice cities to spend some extra time. For what I have seen the stretch from Irun to Bilbao is the most beautiful part of the Norte. I met someone who did a citytrip to San Sebastian, then walked to Bilbao in 5 days and she ended with a citytrip in Bilbao. Wonderful combination.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum