• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

7 more sleeps!!!

48Shaun84

Time of past OR future Camino
First of June 2013
I have 7 more nights until the journey begins. I haven't made any plans and was just going to let the Camino guide me to alburges and such. I'm starting to second guess that I idea. What do you think ?

Thanks and Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I know how you feel... Because I'm also starting in exactly 1 week!!!

Apart from my journey by train and the first night in an albergue in SJPDP, I didn't make any plans. I don't know which towns I'll be visiting, I don't know where I'll stop walking (although I expect to stop in Fisterra) and I don't know how many weeks I'll be spending on the Camino. But that's the way I like it, no commitments, just going with the flow, experiencing a real adventure.

I don't know where you're starting your Camino. From what people have told me it'd be smart to reserve a place at one of the albergues in SJPDP, but even if everything's full I'm sure you'll be fine. I believe that things have a way of working themselves out.

Who knows where our paths may cross.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I leave this Tuesday and I am unable to sleep I am so excited ahaha

I am also in the same boat in that I have no plans. We may or may not stay the night in Madrid or we may chance it and go to SJDP... Either way it is bound to be exciting!!!

Buen Camino!

Zac

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'd say generally the fewer plans the better, except for that first day or so, especially if you're going to arrive somewhere late at night. Good preparation in terms of what you do and don't take with you is far more important. Buen Camino!

I arrived back home last Weds from my first Camino - Sarria to Santiago. I was walking with my teenage son and we didn't book anything. We didn't have any problems finding a bed and there is something very liberating about walking and not knowing where you are going to sleep! I loved it all and can't wait to walk some more. I hope you all have a wonderful experience and Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Go with the flow, no bookings except first night, on my 7 camino's never booked, and never had any problems with beds, also if you forward bag, you must get to that place, I walked with people who had to taxi last 10km to get bag , and one lady who had to walk 50 km, mixed up miles and km, ended up in hospital for 3 days, I walk 25/30 km a day but if I like a place 10 will do, no plan, no stress, bliss go n' eiri an bothar leat .

Most read last week in this forum