• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Best 7-day Section

MelissaLW

Time of past OR future Camino
My husband and I are planning to walk the entire CF, and our daughters will join us for just a week before their college classes begin in September. Which section would be the most scenic? (They’re experienced backpackers but for this trip would probably enjoy towns over rural landscape.) Thanks so much for any recommendations!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My husband and I are planning to walk the entire CF, and our daughters will join us for just a week before their college classes begin in September. Which section would be the most scenic? (They’re experienced backpackers but for this trip would probably enjoy towns over rural landscape.) Thanks so much for any recommendations!
Just about any 7 day stretches will have some scenic vistas along with some not so scenic places. Are they interested in arriving in Santiago with you? If so, O Cebreiro to Santiago has some lovely sections, especially if you take the variant through Samos.

As you mention towns I would suggest Pamplona to Logrono two beautiful cities, and which would give you a real mix, with Puente de la Reina and Estella in-between, and beautiful scenery. Also Pamplona and Logrono will provide easy transport options for your daughters. It would be a very easy 7 days, and depending on your daily KM's they could even bus from Pamplona to join you from Roncesvalles.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
To me the two most inspirational sites on the Camino are Cruz de Ferro and O Cebreiro. So, I would do Leon to Tricastela or Astorga to Sarria. With Leon to Tricastela you are also getting both the Cathedral in Leon and Gaudi's Palace in Astorga. With Astorga to Sarria you are also getting Gaudi's Palace and the Monastery in Samos. I don't know what the transportation options are for Tricastela. I think you would have to take a taxi to Sarria to get the train. Perhaps Astorga to Sarria would be better because you can get the train at both places. Plus you don't have to walk through the suburbs of Leon on you first day with them.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Leon to Sarria, but take the bus out of Leon to La Virgin. I loved this stretch, beautiful scenery and such special sites: Hospital de Orbigo, Astorga, Rabanal, Cruz de Ferro, Ponferrada, Cebriero and the monastery at Samos. For me this part is the best of the best! And Leon is easy to get to and beautiful as well!

Santiago, Negreira, Cee, Finistère , Lires and end at Muxia.
Certificates can be collected at Finistère and Muxia.
A lovely 7 day walk.
Bus back to Santiago

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I would agree with Pamplona to Logrono. After I walked the full CF my wife wanted a glimpse of Camino life. We spent a couple days in Pamplona then hiked to Logrono. We loved spending time in Pamplona, Estella and Logrono.

Transportation in and out of those two cities are great. You will climb Alto Del Perdon which is unique. St. Jean to Logrono is 7 days, but it doesn’t leave you much time to sight see. Hope you have a great time!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Of course it's a matter of taste, but for me it would have to be the Meseta, Burgos to Leon.

The best hostels, many of them donativos:

Trardajos, San Anton, Puente Fitero, Santa Maria in Carrion, Domenico Laffi in Carrion, Santa Cruz in Sahagun

Great cities, towns and villages:

Casterojeriz, Moratinos, Sahagun, Leon

The place names:

Rabe de las Calzadas, Boadilla del Camino, Revenga de Campos, Terradillos de los Templarios, El Burgo Ranero

The open churches. The sweeping magical countryside. Peaceable Kingdom. The gut-busting hill outside Casterojeriz.
The Brazilian music tape in the cafe in

I understand that there are people who take a bus across the meseta because it's boring. It takes all sorts. For me it's the heart and soul of the Way.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back