• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

One More Step

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Walking the Camino is much more interesting than planning your next albergue or talking with cousin Bill on your cellphone, educational and fun if you know a bit of history, architecture, and art. Saint Bénézet for example, he who built the bridge we all know at Avignon (not Camino) and founded Frères Pontifes. Right from the start the Camino is chock full of ancient bridges, Trinidad de Arre and Puenta de la Magdelena entering Pamplona for example. Logroño sports a serious bridge too modern and full of buses, trucks, and cars, and Burgos has a nice bridge to look back and take a picture of the city. Then you have the wonder of Hospital de Órbigo, legends a fine but history counts. Saint Bénézet also built the bridge at Pont Saint Esprit. Please see below photographs of both Hospital de Órbigo and Pont Saint Esprit. For those unfortunate souls who have never walked there or those who were too tired from walking to notice, Hospital de Órbigo is the bridge with little or no water flowing underneath. 1701165475200.png1701165427154.jpeg

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Bridges, whether old or new (as in Bilbao, for example, or here in Alexandria, VA) are a joy. Just this past weekend, I led our camino group on The Wilson Bridge Walk, which provides sweeping views from the top of all of downtown DC with the reward at the farthest point a stroll around National Harbor, with all its fun statues, including the world famous The Awakening, buried in the sand in front of the giant roller coaster. For those coming to Alexandria, park at Jones Point next to the bridge. First stroll to the end of the point where George Washington and his buds after tippling at Gadsby's Tavern took the stone marker and laid it at the southernmost point of what was designated in those days as the District of Columbia. That stone marker is still there, next to the lighthouse. It's a great walk, with the bridge providing something special few tourists ever enjoy.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi. Did I see a poster somewhere on C Frances this year of bridges on the Camino? I am sure I did; it looked super. Maybe it can be located online.
Liam

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The bridge at Hospital d'Orbigo was made extra special when we looked over into the river below and spied a family of otters just below us, then, upon approaching the other end we heard traditional music and saw a procession of dancers in costume doing a traditional dance in the square at the end of the bridge.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
That bridge was dry both times I walked over it. We stopped at that square white hotel on the left right after the bridge. Once for a coffee and snack; another year for lunch.
Rumor was that the bridge had a jousting match between two rivals on it over a damsel.

Most read last week in this forum

Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...
From a friend on the ground in Pamplona https://www.noticiasdenavarra.com/fotos/general/sociedad/2024/04/23/nieve-primaveral-presente-navarra-8152386.html

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.