• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Camino Engagement!

KScroggins

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2023
I started the Camino Frances on 1 April, and the whole experience feels like the most extravagant gift I have ever received. The warmth of the people along the way; the bright beauty of spring; the abundance of space to breathe and learn and move--this very tired UMC pastor was deeply restored. There was really only one day of persistent rain on April 2nd, and threeish other days of showers here and there, and all of the other days were basically picture perfect, weather-wise. All of my fellow April walkers, we sure lucked out! I miraculously skated by entirely blister-free (thanks, brooks ghost running shoes and smartwool socks!) and the only thing I lost was a pair of pants (which must be somewhere in Ponferrada by now, or hopefully on some fantastic journey with another pilgrim.) Whenever I was lost or lonely or hungry, another yellow arrow or encouraging stranger would show up.
My boyfriend met me in Sarria to walk the last five days together. On 1 May we rounded the corner to Mount Joy, just 5k to go til Santiago. Matt asked a random stranger to take a photo of us with the first view of the cathedral. HUGE shoutout to fellow pilgrim Pat from New York, who had no idea she was being recruited to take our engagement photos. Suddenly Matt was down on a knee with a ring, and I was saying yes, and Pat was saying "oh my god!" as she took a million excellent photos of this delightful moment. So wherever you are, Pat, thank you!
We continued the rest of our way and came to Santiago with enormous smiles on our faces that still haven't faded.
I'm just leaving this note of gratitude here for the gifts of the Camino that will continue to unfold in my life for years to come.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Congratulations to you and Matt - may you have many happy miles together! Sounds like you had an amazing camino in so many ways - absolutely wonderful to hear! Now, let’s see one of those great pictures that Pat from NY took!! :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I started the Camino Frances on 1 April, and the whole experience feels like the most extravagant gift I have ever received. The warmth of the people along the way; the bright beauty of spring; the abundance of space to breathe and learn and move--this very tired UMC pastor was deeply restored. There was really only one day of persistent rain on April 2nd, and threeish other days of showers here and there, and all of the other days were basically picture perfect, weather-wise. All of my fellow April walkers, we sure lucked out! I miraculously skated by entirely blister-free (thanks, brooks ghost running shoes and smartwool socks!) and the only thing I lost was a pair of pants (which must be somewhere in Ponferrada by now, or hopefully on some fantastic journey with another pilgrim.) Whenever I was lost or lonely or hungry, another yellow arrow or encouraging stranger would show up.
My boyfriend met me in Sarria to walk the last five days together. On 1 May we rounded the corner to Mount Joy, just 5k to go til Santiago. Matt asked a random stranger to take a photo of us with the first view of the cathedral. HUGE shoutout to fellow pilgrim Pat from New York, who had no idea she was being recruited to take our engagement photos. Suddenly Matt was down on a knee with a ring, and I was saying yes, and Pat was saying "oh my god!" as she took a million excellent photos of this delightful moment. So wherever you are, Pat, thank you!
We continued the rest of our way and came to Santiago with enormous smiles on our faces that still haven't faded.
I'm just leaving this note of gratitude here for the gifts of the Camino that will continue to unfold in my life for years to come.
Congratulations.

You might note that your future husband has cunningly transferred some weight from his rucksack to your left hand. It all counts.

Best wishes.

Hearty congratulations! The joy on your faces is so wonderful!

Best, best wishes for happiness always -

And Buen Camino from Oz -

Jenny

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Past,present and future Thanks for sharing your adventures! This forum will be a touchstone someday in the future ..where you had gone and how far, from where and when A Canterbery tales sort of...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.