• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A Celtic route

Today May 5th, I head off from my home in Huntingdonshire to follow a 'Celtic route' to Santiago. Not that the Celts used Santiago as a place of pilgrimage, but that my route crosses large tracts of formerly Celtic land, and roughly follows the Via Lactea across northern Spain, an ancient pre-Christian Celtic route to Finisterre.
This cycling venture follows my ride from Canterbury to Rome (Via Francigena) last year. If you would like to follow the ride, sign up for an Email Subscription at the link below, and you will receive email alerts to new posts.
"May the winds of life be ever at your backs".

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Frank,

Why don't you follow the St James routes in Brittany, in Vendée ... before the "Voie Littorale" after Bordeaux ?

HERE a Breton association web page where you can find more information.

Theo

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum