• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Next Friday on my way to CDN

AlexB

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés
I just want to share with you,

This Friday I will be off to CDN. It's very special because I have cancelled it twice in the past due to events out of my control. This will be my first Camino since my wife passed last year, so it's very special. I don't feel depressed or sad nowadays but still no joy.

But I still feel excited about the Camino, so this Camino as usual no expectations but I packed lots of tissues in case I need them.
I
n previous occasions I have bursted in tears whether walking or when I got into Santiago's Cathedral and it's Ok, those are the things Camino does for me a complete catarsis. I feel a bit intimidated and curious with the CDN for all the ups and downs, I haven't trained as much as I wanted but one step after the other, I will get there.

On Saturday it's a rainy day in Irún so good not scorching sun,
and it's incredible as I'm writing this I have a smile, thanks

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hey Alex, I’m sorry for your loss of wife.
I’m happy that you are finally embarking on CDN.Im a little
jealous also as I don’t leave until Sept 9th and I work this weekend 🙄
I hope u have a great time and CDN is everything you anticipate. Keep us all up to date with your progress, Buen Camino

I just want to share with you,

This Friday I will be off to CDN. It's very special because I have cancelled it twice in the past due to events out of my control. This will be my first Camino since my wife passed last year, so it's very special. I don't feel depressed or sad nowadays but still no joy.

But I still feel excited about the Camino, so this Camino as usual no expectations but I packed lots of tissues in case I need them.
I
n previous occasions I have bursted in tears whether walking or when I got into Santiago's Cathedral and it's Ok, those are the things Camino does for me a complete catarsis. I feel a bit intimidated and curious with the CDN for all the ups and downs, I haven't trained as much as I wanted but one step after the other, I will get there.

On Saturday it's a rainy day in Irún so good not scorching sun,
and it's incredible as I'm writing this I have a smile, thanks
Buen camino del Norte Alex. Each time I reflect on our del Norte experiences last year, smiling just happens.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everybody, I have read all the threads on this topic and seen multiple replies. Some are positive others seem to be vague. Ok travel if this route what cities offer the best cultural...
Hi, I am embarking on my first camino tomorrow and have been searching for some albergues to stay in. I will be doing the Camino del Norte and will be starting in Gijon. I am looking in Muros de...
Originally I planned to start CdN from Irun directly, thus I booked a flight to San Sebastian Airport (EAS). However, I've read several guides and learned that the Basque Coast towns are worth...
Dear pilgrim companions. We are currently cycling the CDN, battery free, and will soon arrive in Gijon. We have arranged to spend the arrival night here then catch train/bus to Oviedo for 2 nights...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back