• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A few days ago; I almost died, the Camino helped me survive!

jimkaszynski

RIP 2014
Time of past OR future Camino
First step June 1st 2013
I know life continues after the Camino. However,
the lessons I learned helped to save my life a few days ago!
I was driving my motorbike on the highway, and a big hole in the road appeared. I was driving about 60 km/h and lost control of the bike.

This story is about the one hour I spent laying in the middle of the road waiting for the ambulance to come and the confused state my mind and body were in. I could not move or talk but could hear everything that was....CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE STORY.
[url]http://jimscaminodesantiago.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/a-few-days-ago-i-almost-died-the-camino-helped-me-survive/
[/URL]

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was driving my motorbike on the highway, and a big hole in the road appeared. I was driving about 60 km/h and lost control of the bike.

This story is about the one hour I spent laying in the middle of the road waiting for the ambulance to come and the confused state my mind and body were in. I could not move or talk but could hear everything that was....CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE STORY.
http://jimscaminodesantiago.wordpre...o-i-almost-died-the-camino-helped-me-survive/

That's some story, Jim. I hope you pains die down and there are no long-term legacies. Thanks,

http://jimscaminodesantiago.wordpre...o-i-almost-died-the-camino-helped-me-survive/

Hi Jim so sorry to hear of your nasty accident, now take things easy (slowly) for a while so things will mend and use your moments of rest to remember that it is not only the Camino provides.
Take care will be thinking about you and your recovery.
Pilgrim b

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Twas a few nights before Christmas and yet...another Camino miracle appeared! It began at “The Little Fox House,” before dinner, when we shared our “What made You Smile Today,” comments around the table. I said that I was filled with gratitude from my little stroll I took along the river and it gave me hope for a life long dream to come true. My dream....to meet and talk to my son, who I have never knew because of some wrong choices I had made in my past.

All of a sudden a little angel appeared, we will call her Tracy, she said stop! Let us all send out some healing energy out to solve this challenge. We did and continued with our 'What made You Smile Today,” statements around the table.

Two hours later as I lay in bed reading some emails, I get a message from my son, (who I have never talked to in my life,) saying...We need to talk, the past is gone, I want to be your friend!

In the morning I shared the news with my Pilgrim angles, there were hugs and tears of joy!

Tonight, December, 13th , I meet my son and his wife with two beautiful grand children! Another, Camino miracle! He hugged me, kissed me, and called me dad! He is 38 years old. http://jimscaminodesantiago.wordpress.com/

Hello jim,

I am very happy for you and your family.

Indeed it is a miracle!

For this to happen during the festive season after 38 years, it is indeed a blessing. Hope you and your son don't stay away from each other for another 38 years.

We, the camino family, share in your joy. God bless and have a happy and the best christmas you ever have.

Last edited:
Twas a few nights before Christmas and yet...another Camino miracle appeared! It began at “The Little Fox House,” before dinner, when we shared our “What made You Smile Today,” comments around the table. I said that I was filled with gratitude from my little stroll I took along the river and it gave me hope for a life long dream to come true. My dream....to meet and talk to my son, who I have never knew because of some wrong choices I had made in my past.

All of a sudden a little angel appeared, we will call her Tracy, she said stop! Let us all send out some healing energy out to solve this challenge. We did and continued with our 'What made You Smile Today,” statements around the table.

Two hours later as I lay in bed reading some emails, I get a message from my son, (who I have never talked to in my life,) saying...We need to talk, the past is gone, I want to be your friend!

In the morning I shared the news with my Pilgrim angles, there were hugs and tears of joy!

Tonight, December, 13th , I meet my son and his wife with two beautiful grand children! Another, Camino miracle! He hugged me, kissed me, and called me dad! He is 38 years old. http://jimscaminodesantiago.wordpress.com/

Well Jim, the Camino never ceases to produce these (no such thing as a coincidence on Camino) moments of wonder. I am overjoyed for you and for your son and may God bless you both in a wonderful new relationship. Maybe a Camino adventure for you both in years to come. This story is what made me smile today!!

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Jim, I hope you are on the mend. I was very moved by your story and your ability to find gratitude. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Jim -

Thank you for sharing your wonderful news with our Forum community. What a joyous Christmas you will have now that you have been reunited with your precious son - truly, truly a Camino miracle.

Your "What made You Smile Today" statement was on my mind on my morning walk here in Sydney. A surprise was around the corner ... this is a small Christmas photographic gift for you and your family ... very best wishes for the happiest of Christmases ...

Santa\'s Sunflower Helpers 005.JPG

Hi Jim -

Thank you for sharing your wonderful news with our Forum community. What a joyous Christmas you will have now that you have been reunited with your precious son - truly, truly a Camino miracle.

Your "What made You Smile Today" statement was on my mind on my morning walk here in Sydney. A surprise was around the corner ... this is a small Christmas photographic gift for you and your family ... very best wishes for the happiest of Christmases ...

View attachment 7497

Thank you Jenny, LOVE IT!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Jim.
Having read your story I am so thankful you are ok and I pray you are continuing to recover well.
So happy to hear you have been able to meet and talk to your son and his family after all those years.
A new chapter with many more memories to share.
Blessings,
Karen :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Crazy! That is what we were told by others when we decided to walk 500+ miles with two of our children across the top of Spain. We got a little nervous in the weeks leading up to the flight that...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back