• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A late November-December pilgrimage?

Stephen

Time of past OR future Camino
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
I've found the time. Just completed SJPP to Santiago. 25 Aug to 1st Oct, 2016.
And now the Portuguese from Lisbon.
In late August this year I walked part of the Camino from St Jean Pied de Port to Cizur Menor. Unfortunately, I had to abandon my pilgrimage there and return home.
I know the weather would be very different now, but I was wondering if it would be practical to resume again from St Jean sometime towards the end of this month?
Any advice would be appreciated,

Stephen

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Not sure what you mean by 'practical', but there have been various other threads on walking in the winter months. If you're worried about the weather, it will be colder of course, and there may be snow on the various mountain ranges. If so, take a lower-level route around them; there is always a road of some sort. If it's blowing a blizzard then wait for it to subside; it's unlikely to last long. As I've said in another thread, IMO the bigger problem is the short daylight; make sure you know when it's going to get dark and allow plenty of time to reach your destination before then. 'Better safe than sorry' but then again 'where there's a will, there's a way'.

Most read last week in this forum