• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Camino route mid November -> mid December

Time of past OR future Camino
See signature.
So I am knee deep into the Norte (San Vicente) and loving it. The weather has been the best I've ever enjoyed on the Norte. After this one I'm probably going to Disneyland (Frances, I figure I've got to do it again) but after I'll still have 30 days on the visa. So I could do the Portuguese from Lisbon again... I mean it was an experience before. Any thoughts from the crowd on an alternative? I like infrastructure. After walking the Frances, people won't be so important (I will have had enough).

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Have you ever thought of doing any part of the Camino El Cid? Always looks interesting to me, but I am kind of a Legend of El Cid lurker. There is at least one guide book I have read and there is a whole website with the route broken down into different sections with accomodation recommendations. Looks like an app now, too, that wasn't there last time looked at it. I just think the castles look kind of cool...

30 days ?
Perhaps you can start the San Salvador from León (about 5 days until Oviedo), then the Primtivo (about 14 days until Santiago). Then if you did not walk to Fisterra-Muxia, you could take a week to walk the loop.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
30 days ?
Perhaps you can start the San Salvador from León (about 5 days until Oviedo), then the Primtivo (about 14 days until Santiago). Then if you did not walk to Fisterra-Muxia, you could take a week to walk the loop.
Yah, I've walked that before. I just did the prim in May. It's one of my favs. Sorta worried about mud situation in Nov.

How about one or two of the more obscure Caminos? There are so many, a literal plethora to choose from and from what I read, most are beautiful and a bit of a challenge. @peregrina2000 2000 and @jungleboy could be a good start for ideas if you have questions.

Have you ever thought of doing any part of the Camino El Cid? Always looks interesting to me, but I am kind of a Legend of El Cid lurker. There is at least one guide book I have read and there is a whole website with the route broken down into different sections with accomodation recommendations. Looks like an app now, too, that wasn't there last time looked at it. I just think the castles look kind of cool...
I like their colorful language.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Would you skip the Frances and devote the time to one of the southernmost routes? You could get a long way in 50 days.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
either of your ideas....
plus...
any of the Mozarabe variants (from Malaga or Almeria or Jaen)
maybe the Levante from Valencia or Alicante
For that matter, how about the Lana from either of those two starting points and ten on to the Frances at Burgos?
or the Madrid joining the Frances at Sahagun? (central rather than south, but now I'm playing idea-association)

either of your ideas....
plus...
maybe the Levante from Valencia or Alicante
For that matter, how about the Lana from either of those two starting points and ten on to the Frances at Burgos?
or the Madrid joining the Frances at Sahagun? (central rather than south, but now I'm playing idea-association)
Ok. So I really want to check out Valencia. I've never been there... I have been thinking about moving there...sounds like I could kill two birds with one stone (valencia + Frances)

30 days ?
I walked theSan Salvador last spring and liked it very much but don’t underestimate it. There are parts of the San Salvador where an unexpected snow could easily kill you. The route Napoleon is by comparison a piece of cake.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I really want to check out Valencia.
From my 2 days there in May, I thought Valencia would be a great place to live.

Consider walking the Camino Requena from Valencia. After 9 days or so, It joins the Lana at Monteagudo de las Salinas. One reason I suggest the Requena is that the first 100 km or so are well connected to Valencia with the Cercanías train. The towns along the way are quite pleasant and might interest you, as well.

I walked the Requena in May 2023, in 9 days, staying in a combination of muni albergues and private hostales. The hostal in Cheste is closed in Sundays, and there is no reliable accommodation in Siete Aguas, but it was very easy to take the train to Buñol or Requena and then back to my starting point to walk the next day. I enjoyed the route.

You could spend a few days in Valencia, walk the Requena to Monteagudo (9 days), then walk 2 more days to Cuenca, talk to hospitalero Luis, and decide whether to continue the Lana or do something else. You said you "like infrastructure" so I'm not sure what you are thinking - parts of the Lana after Cuenca are somewhat short on pilgrim infrastructure.

I agree. The Amigos in Almeria provide excellent "infrastructure" particularly for the portion from Almeria to Granada.

Most read last week in this forum

Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...
Hi! I just want to know if anyone had any success (or trouble conversely on that matter) using your Visa Debit Card with 6-digit PIN when withdrawing Euros in ATMs in France and Spain? Just want...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.