• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A Photo from my 2014 Camino

Alan G

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances: St. Jean Pied-de-Port - Santiago - Finisterre (2014)
Here's a photo I took on my 2014 Camino. I took it in the early morning after just leaving Terradillos de los Templarios. I didn't realise it at the time but I think I took the photo within a few 100 metres from where the cover photo of John Brierley's guidebook was taken (see inset) - the distant hills, fields and trees are almost identical.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You have solved the mystery.

I didn't realise it at the time but I think I took the photo within a few 100 metres from where the cover photo of John Brierley's guidebook was taken (see inset) - the distant hills, fields and trees are almost identical.
Lovely, just lovely! I don't know much about photography but I noticed one thing that made me wonder what kind of camera or lens or settings or whatever you used? I am just curious. Because my photos never turn out like this. ☺

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lovely, just lovely! I don't know much about photography but I noticed one thing that made me wonder what kind of camera or lens or settings or whatever you used? I am just curious. Because my photos never turn out like this. ☺
I used a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 pocket camera. Handheld in the early morning light.

I used a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 pocket camera. Handheld in the early morning light.
Huh. It strikes me as an excellent photo. I understand that this camera has a "nice wide angle". This may be the reason for the thing I noticed and admire: the large moon . All the moons on my photos are a rather sorry affair. ☺

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Yes!! There are at least 6 items that match perfectly (including the 3 trees center-right that reflect appropriate growth during the intervening years!) so it could be used as forensic evidence in a court of law. Who knows...maybe it’s even the same guy carrying the red pack—also perhaps showing a bit of the intervening years as well!

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum