• ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A pickle

F.Ashley

Time of past OR future Camino
Back in summer 2012!
I'm currently enroute to SJPDP and just found out that my plane is delayed by half an hour so i'll miss the connecting train. I think the next train gets into sjpdp at about 10:20. Any ideas if there is a place with a bed that late?

F

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Taxi to the train station might get back some of the lost minutes - otherwise possible shared taxi to SJPP

Or hotel in Bayonne tonight and get first train tomorrow morning

There are hotels near the train station in Bayonne, right across the street. Then take the first morning train. Welcome to the Camino experience -- one is definitely not in control!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You can book a room now using Booking.com - and then go ahead and catch the late train - lots of others do. I think the Pilgrim office will still be open.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm currently enroute to SJPDP and just found out that my plane is delayed by half an hour so i'll miss the connecting train. I think the next train gets into sjpdp at about 10:20. Any ideas if there is a place with a bed that late?

F

Head up to the pilgrim office. If there is a bed they will get you in it. Else head up to the citadel where you can find comfortable park benches.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

F
Hi, welcome on the Camino. I wish you a experience of a lifetime and you will meet lots of other pilgrims and making new friendships along the way. Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

€149,-
Head up to the pilgrim office. If there is a bed they will get you in it. Else head up to the citadel where you can find comfortable park benches.

you need a brown paper bag and a bottle of wine for those bench's ;-)

Thanks for the comments guys, finally got to read them.. in Roncevales! The train was 10 minutes late and the bus another 30. Just caught the guys running the office as they were coming down the street, and found a bed for the night. Relieved

Most read last week in this forum