• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A quick Question...

Bam Bam

Hey,

My friend and i are going to be walking El Camino Frances in March 2008, after completing it, my friend Chris will be deciding whether or not to come back to the UK and go to Uni, or stay in Spain and carry on walking around Europe with me. So there is a strong chance i may be left to travel alone after we have completed the Pilgrimage.

I was therefore thinking about taking another companion in the form of a Dog.

I was wondering if there would be any forseeable problems in taking a dog with us, and also does anyone have any suggestions on which breed to take, i was considering taking a Border collie because of their inherent ability to be trained.

Thanks!

Bam

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I don't know anything about dogs, but I do know that most, if not all, refugios will not allow a dog inside. Something to keep in mind.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
When we walked the CF, we always encountered a young man who had the most wonderful, well-behaved, beautiful dog. Nevertheless, he was never inside the alberques overnight. He carried a tent and was often allowed to stay in the yard outside the alberque. I was never sure whether he was allowed to use the facilities of the alberques though.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum