A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A quick Question...

Hey,

My friend and i are going to be walking El Camino Frances in March 2008, after completing it, my friend Chris will be deciding whether or not to come back to the UK and go to Uni, or stay in Spain and carry on walking around Europe with me. So there is a strong chance i may be left to travel alone after we have completed the Pilgrimage.

I was therefore thinking about taking another companion in the form of a Dog.

I was wondering if there would be any forseeable problems in taking a dog with us, and also does anyone have any suggestions on which breed to take, i was considering taking a Border collie because of their inherent ability to be trained.

Thanks!

Bam

Advertisment

I don't know anything about dogs, but I do know that most, if not all, refugios will not allow a dog inside. Something to keep in mind.

lynnejohn

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
When we walked the CF, we always encountered a young man who had the most wonderful, well-behaved, beautiful dog. Nevertheless, he was never inside the alberques overnight. He carried a tent and was often allowed to stay in the yard outside the alberque. I was never sure whether he was allowed to use the facilities of the alberques though.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%