• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A Sello In Santiago

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
I will start my pilgrimage from Santiago (to Rome) in Feb. I have a credencial from the Confraternity of St James in South Africa. If I take it to the Pilgrim Office will they stamp it for me? There are no other stamps in it (except the Cape Town one). I would really like an “official” Santiago stamp to start me off!
Jill

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I would assume so but there are others here that could give you a certain answer. Best of luck.

That’s some journey, I take my hat off to you and I hope you’ll be keeping us well informed.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes. Ask to speak to someone in English. Explain you are starting in Santiago and walking to Rome.

I believe they will be happy to ‘start’ your credential. This is usually done inside the front cover, or on the first page of your credential.

Yes, I simply went to the pilgrims office where you get your compestella. They asked if I was there to get a compestella, when I said no that I only wanted to get a stamp, I was simply taken around and given a stamp and did not have to stand in line.

If you don’t manage to get a sello from the Pilgrims’ Office, we got a nice one last year from the Post Office in Santiago.
Good luck on your latest adventure. Depending how things go, we hope to do another Camino next autumn, but something a little shorter, either from Porto or maybe the Ingles from Ferrol.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

That is quite a pilgrimage. Look forward to hearing about it.

Ultreia!

Most read last week in this forum