• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

A treasure map...

Robb Crampton

Time of past OR future Camino
(2015) Oviedo to SdeCompostela
Firstly, this is my first post so let me start by saying 'Hello' and what a great resource of information this is. Thanks to everyone who makes this happen.

My reason for posting, I thought this might be of interest to some people!
Fate is a terribly curious thing. I just stumbled across this amazing print, lying in a dark corner of a shop that I had no intentions of visiting, except I had 10 minutes to spare whilst waiting for a train at a station that I shouldn't have even been at. All this just days before I embark on my first Camino
What a great map and it only cost £5!

View media item 3425

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Robb,

Your newly purchased map is very attractive but alas it is a modern print designed in the 1970s by Daniel Derveaux depicting his idea of some possible routes of 1648. Read and see more about this here in Figure 5. It may not be accurate but it is highly controversial!! Now you have a real conversation piece.

MM

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I didn't think it was an original from 1648
It will simply hang in a smart frame on my wall until the end of my days, as a great reminder (as if I won't have plenty of those to come!)

Hi Rob and welcome to this forum.
Wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Welcome Robb,
Your avatar suggests your first Camino is the Camino Primitivo.

If I am correct, you are in for a treat!

Buen Camino
Thanks John.
I did originally think about the Primitivo but have actually finally decided on the Norte. But I still think I'm in for a treat

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
As a Norte enthusiast, I can guarantee you are in for a treat! You have the option to branch off on the Primitivo should it appeal to you, there is plnty of time to make your mind up as you walk along. Buen Camino!

mspath
You are definitely a treasure map at your own.
A.

As a Norte enthusiast, I can guarantee you are in for a treat! You have the option to branch off on the Primitivo should it appeal to you, there is plnty of time to make your mind up as you walk along. Buen Camino!
Thanks!
In England I live near the coast, not far from many beautiful beaches and inlets. Therefore the Norte is pulling me towards it. I love the idea of walking the coast and then inland to SdeC.
thanks for the motivation,. I cannot wait for the next few days to pass quickly and finally I am on my way!
Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Robb, welcome to the Camino Forum. Your finding the map is what I see as a synchronicity. It's a great word with meaning that seems applicable in this case. ¡Bienvenido y buen camino!

Most read last week in this forum