• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Accommodation due west of Saint-Jean-Pied-De-Port: recommendations

S

Satírico

Dear Camino Community,

As I mistranslate my way through Olivier Guix's guidebook, cursing all the weblinks which fail when I enter them, I'm getting a bit doubtful about the stages between SJPDP and Hendaye. Can any veterans of the Piémont Pyrénéen or Pays-Basques experts say as to what is the most pilgrim-suitable accommodation along this stretch of le chemin?

Everything I've found so far has been rather expensive. Any pilgrim refuges you know?

Probable stop-offs: Saint-Étienne-de-Baigorry; Bidarray; Espelette; Ascain & Hendaye/Irun

Your knowledge is much appreciated.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
One appropriate place would be the Hendaye pilgrim albergue on rue la Fontaine approximately 3 blocks from the rr station. In season they open at 16:00 and have 12 bunks. See more info here.

For inexpensive places to stay on the Voie Nive see this list in French from Au Coeur du Chemin

Bon chemin and Buen camino!

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc