• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation in Braga

David Bedlow

Time of past OR future Camino
I am planning to walk the Caminho Portuguese next April (the week after Easter), with a brief diversion to Braga. I have been searching on the internet for albergues or an inexpensive hotel in Braga but have not found any satisfactory ones. One hostel had very bad reviews. Can anyone make a recommendation?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I stayed at the Urban Hotel Estacao in 2019 which was functional and clean but unexciting. It is (unsurprisingly) opposite the station about ten minutes walk from the cathedral.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Many thanks for your replies. The Airbnb looks good and I have booked it. I have never stayed in Airbnb before and had trouble with the technology. I had to send my photograph four times before they would accept it, even though it was the same every time!
I walked the Caminho Portugués in September 2014 from Porto do Vila do Conde, then to Rates and along the central route. I had intended a sight-seeing diversion to Braga but this did not work out, so this time I am going to Braga first, and then walking the entire coastal route. In 2014 I had torrential rain for the first 11 days, then a few fine days but heavy rain again on the way out to Fisterre and Muxía. I am hoping for better weather in the spring of 2023!

Many thanks for your replies. The Airbnb looks good and I have booked it. I have never stayed in Airbnb before and had trouble with the technology.
Best wishes for a wonderful Camino! Hope you have a positive experience on your first go with Airbnb. I have had good fortune with many Airbnb stays where I have met some lovely hosts.

Many thanks for your replies. The Airbnb looks good and I have booked it. I have never stayed in Airbnb before and had trouble with the technology. I had to send my photograph four times before they would accept it, even though it was the same every time!
I walked the Caminho Portugués in September 2014 from Porto do Vila do Conde, then to Rates and along the central route. I had intended a sight-seeing diversion to Braga but this did not work out, so this time I am going to Braga first, and then walking the entire coastal route. In 2014 I had torrential rain for the first 11 days, then a few fine days but heavy rain again on the way out to Fisterre and Muxía. I am hoping for better weather in the spring of 2023!
Might see you on this route as I’m walking part of it starting April 12th!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We’re planning to be in Braga for Easter then start our Camino in Porto on the 12th April as well. Hopefully we’ll see you guys there.
Buen Camino.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back