• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Albergue at Piñera - anyone stayed here recently?

Magwood

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
See signature line for links to daily posts to blogs from many caminos
it would be convenient for me to stay st this albergue, but I have been put off by very negative reports regarding cleanliness (lack of ) and problems with mosquitos. I would appreciate any recent feedback please.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
it would be convenient for me to stay st this albergue, but I have been put off by very negative reports regarding cleanliness (lack of ) and problems with mosquitos. I would appreciate any recent feedback please.

When I passed through in November there was a sign on the door of the albergue in Piñera saying it was closed from 1 November, and not giving an re-opening date - but somehow giving me the impression that it was not going to be any time soon. Gronze and mundicamino both say it's open all year, while jacobeo says it's closed for reformas without giving a re-opening date, so it might be worth ringing ahead if you are thinking of staying there: 679363819 (Pilar).

I was walking from Luarca (great place, great albergue) to La Caridad (excellent albergue) that day, so it didn't matter to me, but there didn't seem much in the way of bars or tiendas if you were staying there.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum