• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Albergue in Merida

Patricia

Dear Amigos--a friend and I are going to meet in Madrid and begin our journey on the VdlP in Merida. A high-speed train from Madrid gets to Merida at around 9 p.m. Is that too late to find accomodation at the albergue in Merida? Does anyone have experience at this albergue? According to the new Confraternity of St. James guide to the VdlP, it is new, and apparently does not have a hospitalero. Any suggestions or comments will be helpful.

Patricia from upstate New York

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
This albergue was closed when I passed through Merida but as I remember there was a note with a mobile telephone number to call the hospitalero. If that fails there are a number of hostal alternatives.

I stayed there in April 2006. Nice, new albergue by the river. You do not tell when you are going. There are no hospitalero there all the time, but a person coming there during the afternoon/evening. In April, the door was open, and we just found a bed. Be aware that spring is a popular season on VdlP, and the albergues are small. When we were there, the albergue was full before evening. But dont worry. Merida is full of places to stay!Take your time in the city next day. Its one of the highlights on VdlP!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum