• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

albergue la barraca in el ganso?

caminka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
see signature
I've seen some comments on gronze from 2018 that say there is another albergue in el ganso, in a bar la barraca down the main road from albergue gabino. it's difficult to get any info on that apart from those comments. anyone stayed there (recently)?

Last edited:
Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.
I Stayed there about five years ago, I’ve also been in Gabino, which I personally prefer,
Anyway, La Barraca, nextdoor Ramiro’s El cowboy, was a nice stop I enjoyed, it’s rather basic, well and kindly run though.
Love El Ganso.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I stayed in albergue Gabino last year, I ate dinner in La Barraca, the food was great, I didn't see the inside of the albergue but the lady working in the bar said the owners do not wish to advertise the albergue on the internet. But it is there and is open to pilgrims. Next time I would definitely try it.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum