• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Albergue Los Santos de Maimosa closed till July.

LTfit

Veteran Member
There is another albergue closed along the Plata, not at a great time as it appears busy at the moment.

The municipal albergue in Los Santos de Maimosa is closed until July. A new automated check-in system is being installed so that pilgrims no longer have to pick up the keys.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I am walking the VDPL. I am in Merida. Lovely place. But this camino is busier than I expected. and quite a bit hotter. I have not found accomadation available on 2 nights oyt of 9..

I am walking the VDPL. I am in Merida. Lovely place. But this camino is busier than I expected. and quite a bit hotter. I have not found accomadation available on 2 nights oyt of 9..

It seems this Camino is being discovered, particularly in spring. Most of my autumn Via last year was very solitary - which I loved. But… the distances between towns, availability of services and the high numbers of tourist - particularly over weekends - in the more historic towns like Mérida means a little more planning is required. I had a few times when my planned accommodations were either closed or ‘completo’. I did get into the habit of booking one day ahead, but not always. It was easy with Gronze and email.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum