This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Albergues from Lugo. Mid November

Ferenc

Time of past OR future Camino
Primitivo (starting Nov. 15, 2019)
Hi all!

Hopefully I will start El Camino with my grandfather on November 15 starting on Lugo. I've heard some albergues close in winter. Is there a way to know which albergues will be open? Any other tips/advice is greatly appreciated as well.

Thank you all in advance!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The Xunta albergues are theoretically open all year round. Though they do occasionally close some for maintenance in the winter so it is worth checking nearer the time.

Thanks a bunch, @Bradypus! If I can bother you a bit further, can you point me where I could check this?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I do not know of any online site that gives details of albergue closures. Probably best to ask the hospitaleros at the time if they know of any problems further down the line. Most likely they will be open anyway. Just sounding a note of caution as I have been caught out by a winter albergue closure myself. This is the main Xunta website for their albergues: https://www.caminodesantiago.gal/en...-present/1.4.2.-the-network-of-public-hostels

Between Lugo and Melide there wil be 2 xunta albergues open: in San Roman de Retorda (20 kms after Lugo) and As Seixas (33 kms after Lugo). As far as I know both will be open, but it is always good do check before.

All the albergues in Ferreira will be closed by then.

From Melide (47 kms after Lugo) on you will join the camino Frances. From there on many albergues will be open!

Buen camino!

Many thanks to you, bradypus! =)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Hi, Thomas. Thank you for the information, I'll sure check!

@timr hope you are well! I think this is a general Primitivo thread, could you move it?

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum