• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alertcops "validation code"

Time of past OR future Camino
May-June 2023
At the risk of opening a can of worms with the Camino Luddite crowd (I'm seriously not intending to hike with my nose pointed at my device), I'd like to ask whether there has been determined to be a fix for the "validation code" receipt issue many have experienced in the install process for Alertcops. If not, I'll re-attempt when I get to Madrid in a few weeks (not that my SIM will change even at that time, since I'll be relying on the T-Mobile roaming while there) or depend on 112 for my needs.
Thanks for any update you all might provide.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
At the risk of opening a can of worms with the Camino Luddite crowd (I'm seriously not intending to hike with my nose pointed at my device), I'd like to ask whether there has been determined to be a fix for the "validation code" receipt issue many have experienced in the install process for Alertcops. If not, I'll re-attempt when I get to Madrid in a few weeks (not that my SIM will change even at that time, since I'll be relying on the T-Mobile roaming while there) or depend on 112 for my needs.
Thanks for any update you all might provide.
I just tried from Greece and SMS code not delivered to my Greek phone number/sim.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Alert Cop is an app from the Spanish police. Easy and quick to use in case you run into trouble in Spain. It's free and fairly easy to set up, but your provider needs to accept sms messages with the activation code.

112 is the european wide 911. You can use it in any European country, and with any kind of sim card and is free.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What is alert cop or 112?
112 is the universal emergency services telephone number in Europe. You can dial it on any phone. You can ask for an English speaking operator.

‘AlertCops cops’ is a Spanish Government app which enables reporting of issues, contact with the emergency services and some other functionality including location services. It has often been recommended as a ‘home screen’ app on the Camino and elsewhere.

(As others have already said!)

What is alert cop or 112?
Hi Natique2, welcome to the forum.

AlertCops is an App for your phone to connect to emergency services in Spain. The 112 is the equivalent as 911 in the United States.

Hope this helps.

Hi Natique2, welcome to the forum.

AlertCops is an App for your phone to connect to emergency services in Spain. The 112 is the equivalent as 911 in the United States.

Hope this helps.
As well, Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Venezuela, Ethiopia and 44 other countries around the planet use the 911 emergency number... ;)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!
Hi everyone, I am a 30 y.o. female travelling solo. Planning to walk Camino Ingles in May, but since it's the least popular route I'm a bit worried in terms of how safe it is. I walked Frances...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.