• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Alto da pena

Bella2017

Time of past OR future Camino
March 2017 Oct 2018 Camino ingles june 2019 cancelled Camino Portuguese Oct 2019
Any one stayed here? Do they have sheets?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hmmm. Yes. But I can't remember! I always travel with a sleeping bag so it's not an issue I look for. Sorry. I will say that it was quite basic (3 years ago I think) but the owner (I think called Manuel) was very friendly welcoming and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate in staying there again.

Sorry I don't know this albergue but its name means literally in Spanish : Stop it's pitiful Fortunatelly in Galician means Upper of the rock (more or less ).

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I looked it up on Booking.com and Tripadvisor to find a map. It appears to be beyond Negreira but I don't remember seeing it. Pleasant enough looking with a hilltop terrace but I am wondering if it is off piste.

Last edited:
Yes, nice terrace with a lot of pilgrims, left hand of the way few km after Negreira, and very friendly ladies at th bar, but I didn't stay, so no information about accommodation.

Very friendly place. Never stayed overnight, but I have heard only good reports from those that have. Don't know about sheets though.

Davey

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I stayed there on the way to Finisterre, in 2017. Nice place, friendly owner and the food was good. I remember a blanket, but no sheets.

Most read last week in this forum