• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Altus Poncho ventilation

Crickpicker

Time of past OR future Camino
April (2019)
I love my Altus poncho but wish it had better ventilation in the sleeves. I found a simple solution to open the sleeves a bit and wanted to share it. It takes a few photos to explain and this is my first post here...bear with me? First, mark an empty Gatorade bottle (32 oz. Size) in two places as shown. Cut on the lines to make a ring.

Attachments

• 20190201_055632.jpg
    852.4 KB · Views: 85
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Here is the ring after cutting. I CAREFULLY used a lighter to round the edges a bit.

Attachments

• 20190201_062219.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Good idea. After my first (and only at this stage, but wait....) CF, I took my Altus to a tailor and had some 6 inch/15cm slots/vents put under the armpits. Cost a few $, but reasonable - will see how it goes on my next CF. Your design combined with my ‘pit slots’ could well aid internal flow-through ventilation. Good luck and, Cooee.

Cute trick!! When I used an Altus I didn't use the sleeves at all, too sweaty, but used it as a cloak instead.

Most read last week in this forum