• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

AMC: CF Open Albergues June 1st interactive map

Colette Z

Happy Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
CF; Norte; Ingles; Augustine; Portugues Central
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
That’s a great resource. Seems like anyone walking now would want to make reservations. Álvaro Lazaga, who was in Mansilla de las Mulas yesterday, reported in his daily youtube that there are currently 8 albergue beds available in the whole town. He noted that the albergue filled up after they arrived, and that before they left in the morning, reservations had filled it up completely for that night.

The red dots are quite confusing as most people associate RED with closed Otherwise, great tool.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have copied this text from the Facebook of Casa Susi it shows some of the difficulties Albergues are having.

We are feeling incredibly disheartened by the camino situation

We are sharing photos of our sleeping area to highlight why we can’t open.
The conversation with Turismo today was this
‘We are in the province of Castilla y León. What are the rules we must follow?’

‘In one communal space(regardless of size) only people from the same household at 1/3 capacity’

‘So one single person can only stay in the space if we don’t have a family of a maximum of four people?’

‘Yes’.....

It’s impossible for us to open.How can we survive another year?
Other regions have different rules.
Galicia is more flexible.
30% capacity but they don’t need to be from the same household. We are 15km from Galicia.
I am unsure that the convent in León with 135 beds & 4 dormitories will only take 4 single pilgrims or 4 families..........
I feel very sad that we continue to be closed.
Pilgrims planning to come to the camino please check regional restrictions.
Galicia rules are very different to other regions.

Ola Colette, great indication from the French Association of Municipalities of the Camino de Santiago website. On the website there is a link to the status of Covid 19 until May 31 about circulation between communities.

From my understanding the rules in Castilla y León are 50% capacity, distance between beds 1,5 meters and only families/couples in the same room. This doesn't help Casa Susi much as they only have one room and the beds are fairly close together.

Running my albergue last summer/fall most of the pilgrims staying with me had a private room whether there was room for 4, 6 or 9. There were so few pilgrims and I had the space. Of course an albergue owner can not keep running an albergue under such conditions. I get the feeling that the Francés (and other Caminos) will be busier this summer and fall, now that the vaccination programs are in full swing.

I believe that there will be less of an occupation problem once the muncipal albergues start opening up. It looks like some may start opening up in July, others not at all.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yes I saw an official reservation portal for Galicia but cannot find it again

An indication for me to be patient and wait to “Camino” until the precautions prove a positive effect and slowly all can open up further step by step so that they don’t have to lockdown again.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum