• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any Camino Madrid Update

DTCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Madrid 2023
Anyone currently walking or recently finished the Camino Madrid?
Not much in the way of posts in the last 30 days and I’m curious if anyone has anything to say.
I’m interested in particular about the albergues in Alcazaren and Penaflor de Hornija, and most importantly the ease or difficulty in getting a cafe con leche 1-2x daily (my favorite part of the Camino).

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Anyone currently walking or recently finished the Camino Madrid?
Not much in the way of posts in the last 30 days and I’m curious if anyone has anything to say.
I’m interested in particular about the albergues in Alcazaren and Penaflor de Hornija, and most importantly the ease or difficulty in getting a cafe con leche 1-2x daily (my favorite part of the Camino).

Try this.... we just finished day 6 and there are number of folks ahead of us who are staying in the akbergues. Tomorrow we will stay in Alcazaren. Good luck!

I stayed in Alcazaren a few weeks ago. It’s a great albergue! You get the key from the ayuntamiento office. Bar is closed on Mondays but the social centre for seniors is open on Mondays and I had two good meals there.

I also stayed in Peñaflor- very nice new hospitalera. You can send her a what’s app message the day before to let her know you are coming. The bar with food was closed when I was there - a Wednesday.

Depending on the day - you might not always find coffee in the mornings. I seemed to be on the same schedule as the bar closing days.

Best surprise coffee for me was in Valseca - after not finding one early in Segovia or in the first CD village after Segovia. I had not thought there would be coffee there. But there is a coffee stand (Chiringuito) in a park in Valseca. Good coffee! Uts on google maps.

But while you might not always find a coffee on the Madrid - in general I thought the coffee was more often excellent than I did further north!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I stayed in Alcazaren a few weeks ago. It’s a great albergue! You get the key from the ayuntamiento office. Bar is closed on Mondays but the social centre for seniors is open on Mondays and I had two good meals there.

I also stayed in Peñaflor- very nice new hospitalera. You can send her a what’s app message the day before to let her know you are coming. The bar with food was closed when I was there - a Wednesday.

Depending on the day - you might not always find coffee in the mornings. I seemed to be on the same schedule as the bar closing days.

Best surprise coffee for me was in Valseca - after not finding one early in Segovia or in the first CD village after Segovia. I had not thought there would be coffee there. But there is a coffee stand (Chiringuito) in a park in Valseca. Good coffee! Uts on google maps.

But while you might not always find a coffee on the Madrid - in general I thought the coffee was more often excellent than I did further north!
That’s good information, thank you!
In all stops but those two towns I’ve prebooked accommodations so the update is reassuring.
On the Frances I usually start walking in the dark to enjoy the sunrise , but I might force myself to sleep later, in order to get coffee where I’m staying or in the same town.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.