• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Any recommendations for the Camino from Toulouse to Auch? In few days.

arturo garcia

Pilgrim/Hospitalero/Mountain guide/Photographer
Time of past OR future Camino
French way (Dic. 2012), Portuguese way (Dic.2013) and now living on the Camino.
Looking for recommendations for the Camino between Toulouse to Auch

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi! I'm copying what I posted at the time (April 2019).

1 LĂ©guevin - Maison Saint-Jacques
The whole house (belonging to the town) has been renovated by volunteers for pilgrims’ use. I had it to myself: one bedroom with 4 beds, kitchen, bathroom upstairs, small garden. Donativo.

2 L’Isle-Jourdain.
The tourist office gave me a key to a small bungalow giving onto the lake. Again, I was on my own but it can sleep 3 (bunkbed plus sofa in kitchen/livingroom). €12

3 Le Grangé (near Giscaro)
Family home that takes in pilgrims. Beautiful place and lovely hosts. I originally chose it because it said in the guide they provide evening meals but sadly they don’t any more. Provides bedding - rucksack and belongings have to stay downstairs. €20

4 Gîte Pied-à-terre en Gascogne (l’isle d’Arné)
Again, family home completely renovated with separate pilgrim house. Stunning, but cold (no heating but a fire can be lit in the living-room). No meal either but well equipped kitchen. Great hostess! €20

5 Auch - Accueil pélerins in Presbytère.
I had the whole second floor to myself - several bedrooms, bathroom, kichen and view from balcony onto the Cathedral. No booking, volunteers are there every day from 3 to 5pm to let you in. Donativo.

All those places were great, I was lucky, I had them all to myself.
Eating was a problem, I'd very much advise to carry food with you or you may (will!) go hungry.
Phone at least a day ahead so they know to expect you. (Not necessary- at the time - in Auch)

I used a very helpful guide book from the CSJ but I see it's out of stock at the moment.

No other recommendations, enjoy, it's a beautiful camino, very solitary though. I loved it.

PS: Do check those places are still open, this was 4 years ago...

Last edited:
My wife and I will walk our first Camino in 2024, starting at Toulouse in April, just after Easter. We were planning to start in early March. After realising not much would be open in rural France then, we have delayed the start.

I have been pondering Toulouse - Auch myself. I am travelling right now and cannot access my notes. I do recall though that we will probably take a train from Gimont to Auch, not being able to find any accomodation in between. I may be confusing locations here, but there was somewhere highly recommended (on Gronze) whose website now states they do not accomodate pilgrims.

I have been to the pilgrim reception at Basilique Saint-Sernin de Toulouse before, they were so very helpful. I will ask their advice re Gimont - Auch before we set out.

Btw we would stay in Giscaro and walk 6km to Gimont for the train to Auch, making a short day.

We are now considering taking the train all the way to Auch, actually. We're in our early 60s and going via Lourdes, perhaps "banking" those Toulouse - Auch days will be better, in case of injury or delays further along. We can always continue on to Muxia if we have days to spare at the end. Unfortunately the visa situation for non-Europeans imposes a deadline.

I shall revisit this thread with interest once I am home, and if my notes would be of help I will post again.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Happy to help but before I dig out my notes and memories, what kind of recommendations? I mostly stayed in municipal or religious organisations' pilgrim gites with the occasional private accommodation.

The whole house (belonging to the town) has been renovated by volunteers for pilgrims’ use. I had it to myself: one bedroom with 4 beds, kitchen, bathroom upstairs, small garden. Donativo.

2 L’Isle-Jourdain.
The tourist office gave me a key to a small bungalow giving onto the lake. Again, I was on my own but it can sleep 3 (bunkbed plus sofa in kitchen/livingroom). €12

Family home that takes in pilgrims. Beautiful place and lovely hosts. I originally chose it because it said in the guide they provide evening meals but sadly they don’t any more. Provides bedding - rucksack and belongings have to stay downstairs. €20

Again, family home completely renovated with separate pilgrim house. Stunning, but cold (no heating but a fire can be lit in the living-room). No meal either but well equipped kitchen. Great hostess! €20

I had the whole second floor to myself - several bedrooms, bathroom, kichen and view from balcony onto the Cathedral. No booking, volunteers are there every day from 3 to 5pm to let you in. Donativo.

Eating was a problem, I'd very much advise to carry food with you or you may (will!) go hungry.
Phone at least a day ahead so they know to expect you. (Not necessary- at the time - in Auch)

I used a very helpful guide book from the CSJ but I see it's out of stock at the moment.

No other recommendations, enjoy, it's a beautiful camino, very solitary though. I loved it.

Thanks very much! This is going to be so helpful for me! I will carry my Bocadillo! Warm hugs!

Some of the places I stayed in 2021 are no longer available, but for some pilgrim-friendly places still listed in Gronze, I stayed in
  1. LĂ©guevin - Maison Saint-Jacques
  2. L'Isle Jourdain - Gîte Pèlerin de L'Isle Jourdain
  3. Montgút - Gîte de la Tour des Fées, and
  4. Auch - Accueil pélerins presbytère

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am willing to help as well as I live in the area located between L'ISLE JOURDAIN and AUCH, have walked from TOULOUSE all the way to PAMPLONA via the SOMPORT.
I have been wishing to walk from L'ISLE JOURDAIN to GIMONT again to train my back. I have no idea whether the 4 lane highway that they are constructing between L'ISLE JOURDAIN and GIMONT has an impact on the Chemin at all. Let me call the Tourist Office in L'ISLE JOURDAIN to check on that.

When are you thinking of hiking this way?

2 L’Isle-Jourdain.

I stayed at the Gîte Pied-à-terre en Gascogne (l’isle d’Arné) in 2021, but I believe it is closed now. It is no longer listed on the Gronze website.

Hi, I walked from Arles to Somport in May-June 2023, apart from a train hop from Gimont to Auch.
Using earlier post and adding my comments.

1 LĂ©guevin - Maison Saint-Jacques - I also stayed here having trained it to Brax from Toulouse to skip the city outskirts. I was also alone! Nice house run by volunteers. 10 euros for the night, not donativo.

2 L’Isle-Jourdain.
The tourist office gave me a key to a small bungalow giving onto the lake.
- I also stayed here. Mosquitoes aplenty. 12.75 euros. Quite a long walk from the shops but there is a supermarket on the other side of the (not very attractive) town.

3 Le Grangé (near Giscaro) -
I did not stay here but others said it was lovely.

The Halte Pèlerins at Gimont was closed.

4 Gîte Pied-à-terre en Gascogne (l’isle d’Arné) - Now closed.

I had the whole second floor to myself -
So did I! Lots of noise at shouting during the evening from tenants on the other levels. Tiny but equipped kitchen and wonderful view of cathedral. No booking possible, Donativo.

I also found eating was a problem, and carried food, as shops are open at funny times, or there are no shops at all.

I used Gronze and Miam Miam Dodo 2022-23. MMDD was already a bit out of date.

Loved most of the route, which is remote and rural. I had almost daily rain from 4PM due to the mountains to the south. Not a problem if you've arrived at destination, but makes the ground very muddy in this area.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I've just finished walking Toulouse to Jaca on my pilgrimage from Rome to Santiago which I'm in doing gradually 3 weeks at a time. I spent a lot of time reading the posts about this section and...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back