• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Anyone else on CP now.

Steven Dwyer

I started off from Braga yesterday and arrive in Ponte de Lima to find the alberque full and lots of hotels full, or nearly full. I am wondering if I hit a bubble of pilgrims or if it is like this all the way to Santiago.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I started off from Braga yesterday and arrive in Ponte de Lima to find the alberque full and lots of hotels full, or nearly full. I am wondering if I hit a bubble of pilgrims or if it is like this all the way to Santiago.
Probably Feiras Novas,an event during 4 days around this time in september.

We stayed a fortnight in Ponte de Lima earlier this year and there happened to be 2 events in the same week and it was packed with people. One event chasing a cow,tied up with a rope through the streets by thousands of excited people...disgusting... hotels were full and in front of the albergue pilgrims were queing up to get a bed at. 16h00.
We stayed at the campingsite, only three kms from the towncenter.All alone at a big field.. very conveniant.the camping even has an albergue but no guests

Most read last week in this forum