• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Anyone know of a shop in Irún selling Leki or Black Diamond Poles? (or higher quality poles)

ShellToucher

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring 22
Spring 23
Summer or Fall 24
Greetings Pilgrims!

After shipping my trusty trekking poles for past Caminos I'm considering just buying some "on the ground". While I know there are a few shops in Irún, I am not sure of the quality...and I'm a bit of a trekking pole snob; Carbon is what I prefer. (Respectfully, I don't need to be scolded or beat up over this, just looking to see if anyone may know of a place!)-- I like what I like, and I have my reasons.

So with that said, anyone know what's on offer in Irún? I know there is a Decathlon, but I'm pretty certain they only sell their own brand.

Thanks in advance y Buen Camino!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Search Google Maps using "tienda depores irun" and you will get some options on stores...

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I bought nice "Rock Experience" All Terrain from Inter Sports Irun main street (right hand side heading out on the Camino route) last May for about €75. Maybe not carbon but light, dependable. Tighten using clips, not twist. Nice retailer: allowed me to exchange earlier heavier ones I had bought two days after purchase.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum