• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Are prepaid credit cards accepted in Spain?

Sjp007

Time of past OR future Camino
2017 St James
2020 St James
Has anyone used a refillable “Pay as You Go”or “Pre-Paid” type credit card on the Camino, are they accepted in Spain?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Has anyone used a refillable “Pay as You Go”or “Pre-Paid” type credit card on the Camino, are they accepted in Spain?
Hi, on my recent trip I used a Revolut virtual card (kept on my phone). Worked brilliantly and everywhere in Portugal and Spain that I presented it, accepted it. Rates of exchange excellent too.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
SJP007 I’m also from Canada and I’ve been using them in the EU including Spain for the past 5 years. Presently using the CIBC Air Canada Conversion card which is Visa based. I used it during London to Rome walk last year and again walking in Italy this past spring. Holds 8-10 different currencies and works beautifully through an app. I’ll be using it in Spain in about a week. Have fun!

I used a prepaid Wise card on the Norte in July. Loaded on my phone. ‘Was great. Accepted everywhere.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum