• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Are there any Labyrinths to Walk on the Camino?

Rod Murray

Time of past OR future Camino
2016 CF 2019 PC
As if the walk on the Camino is not enough, are there any Labyrinths to walk in any of the Churches or Towns along the Camino Frances? I've not read about any in the guidebooks but perhaps other walkers know of some?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
As if the walk on the Camino is not enough, are there any Labyrinths to walk in any of the Churches or Towns along the Camino Frances? I've not read about any in the guidebooks but perhaps other walkers know of some?

At the top of a hill (?) in/near/around Atapuerca, we walked a magnificent rock labyrinth. Under sunny skies, leaning into a big wind, our path stretching below us, we walked a Camino within a Camino. Glorious.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
I remember that location & labyrinth. After Atapuerca, at the highest point called Cruceiro. We climbed up the hills, and there was a cross at the top, and the labyrinth was up ahead and to the right.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Last edited:

Most read last week in this forum