• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Arriving in Burgos

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Jul-Aug 05, Frances, Jul-Aug 06, Portugues, Oct 2010
Hola a todos,

I'm so excited! I start my second Camino tomorrow. I know it's a bit late notice but if anyone could answer this today I'd be grateful.

I'm going to be starting from Burgos but my bus from Madrid doesn't arrive until 10pm. I realise that by this time the beds in the refugio will probably be taken, but do you think it will still be open to beg a bit of floor space?

Otherwise can anyone recommend any cheap hostels / pensiones near to the bus or train station?

Ultreya!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
If you can afford around 45 euros, there is a hotel (forgot the name) as you leave the bus station. Turn right at the entrance of the station (where you buy tickets) and just walk a few steps.

If you care to walk 300m, leave the station, turn left, cross the Rio Arlanzon, turn right on the paseo and go to hotel Espana at Paseo del Espolon 32.

Good luck, I will be starting from Burgos as well on Sep 5. Buen Camino.

I stayed at the place right next to the bus station in the end. After a 3 hour bus journey, preceeded by 3 hours waiting in the sixth circle of Hell that IS Madrid bus station, I was in no mood to go searching through Burgos for a hotel.

It was fine; 45 euros was a bit much for room-only, but I didn't care by that point. I suppose that's how they make their money.

If anyone else ever stays there ask for a forward facing room.

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum