• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Arriving in Pamplona

johnnyman

Time of past OR future Camino
June/July 2011 and 2013
Greetings: I will arrive in Pamplona somewhat late in the day and spend at least one night before taking off on the Camino. Should I book a room ahead of time somewhere, or just wait until I get there? I want decent but not too expensive accomodations to rest up before I head out ...

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
If you are arriving in Pamplona anywhere close to 6th - 14th July - San Fermin - you won't find anywhere to stay within a 20km radius of Pamplona.
Any other time you should'nt have a problem. Have a look is San Nicolas - a little pedestrian lane that runs off the Plaza del Castillo and has dozens of pensiones, hostals, hotels etc.
Have a wonderful walk.

I'll be long gone by San Fermin! Thanks, I'll have a look at the area you mention ... :wink:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
hi Johnnyman,

I too arrive late in the day in Pamplona. I suggest you book into Hostel Hemmingway. It is €19.00 for a bed in a six bed dorm.
Lydia

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum