• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

arzua to opedrouzo

peter fischer

Time of past OR future Camino
we were walking towards pedrouzo and somehow while following the yellow arrows bypassed the turn.
only noticed the mistake after 2 ladies ahead of us walked towards us,saying wrong way.Oh no we did an
extra 5k that day and still could NOT figure out were we went wrong.well not too bad since it was a cakewalk in the shade of the eucalyptus trees.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There are two ways you can go when you get to the highway. Is that where you missed the turn? I usually walk that way, but it's not 5 miles out of the way. I wonder where you were?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
we were walking towards pedrouzo and somehow while following the yellow arrows bypassed the turn.
only noticed the mistake after 2 ladies ahead of us walked towards us,saying wrong way.Oh no we did an
extra 5k that day and still could NOT figure out were we went wrong.well not too bad since it was a cakewalk in the shade of the eucalyptus trees.
Those things good happen. Wish you well, Peter.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
While "official" has a way of changing, the official camino goes across the highway into the eucalyptus forest and bypasses O Pedrouzo. Since there are few services and no albergues from that crossing until Santiago, most pilgrims turn left up the highway to the xunta albergue and others in O Pedrouzo. It is not clear from your post where you turned to get lost, but the distances on the two routes are not much different. Once in O Pedrouzo, there is a sharp right turn toward the sports facility to regain the "official" route at that complex. If you missed that turn, you did a lot of highway walking but arrived in Amenal covering about the same distance. It is hard in that area to not end up where you are supposed to be! ;)

the Camino technically 'bypasses' pedrouzo (except for the primary school and sports centre plus parking lot at the end of town) just before the wooded areas begin. i am guessing you crossed the highway and into a first wooded area, then the school and sports centre, where you should have turned left into town, and then into the woods again. most pilgrims staying in pedrouzo opt to turn left on the highway, walking into town on the shoulder of the highway. others want to bypass pedrouzo and end up 'getting lost' and off the Camino as they walk into town instead of crossing the highway.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
While "official" has a way of changing, the official camino goes across the highway into the eucalyptus forest and bypasses O Pedrouzo. Since there are few services and no albergues from that crossing until Santiago, most pilgrims turn left up the highway to the xunta albergue and others in O Pedrouzo. It is not clear from your post where you turned to get lost, but the distances on the two routes are not much different. Once in O Pedrouzo, there is a sharp right turn toward the sports facility to regain the "official" route at that complex. If you missed that turn, you did a lot of highway walking but arrived in Amenal covering about the same distance. It is hard in that area to not end up where you are supposed to be! ;)
If this crossing over the highway and into the eucalyptus forest is where I'm thinking, there are two private albergues, Maribel and Arco Pino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Several local news websites are reporting that in very bad weather a few days ago a pilgrim was found lost and confused walking the shoulder of the AP-1 highway near Burgos. Aiming for Burgos but...
Everybody who has walked the Camino Francés knows the albergue in Manjarin. An albergue for six pilgrims, without water and electricity, but full of hospitality. Tomás Martinez de Paz started...
Roncesvalles or push to Burguete? I prefer to avoid the recommended stages to avoid the race for albergues. Do you suggest Burguete? Is Roncesvalles too busy?
Hi all, just a quickie, My friend is near Leon and has fallen into the booking . Com panic as he doesn't want to risk not getting a bed. The word on the street is that beds are few and far...
would you recommend changes and what challenges would the change bring on that i should consider first? My plan was to start at SJPDP may 13 and do full Camino to Santiago. I fly into Pamplona on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back