• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Aviles to Soto de Luina - too far! Any options?

mdefrayne

Howdy,

I'm having a great time working through Eric's guide and using Google Maps. But I have reached this section between Aviles and Soto de Luina, 38 km of non-stop hills, grueling by the looks of it.

Are there any options here, maybe stay somewhere inbetween other than ritzy Cudillero? How about El Pito or Muros or even on the other side of the river? I would like to split this stage in half but have not found anywhere to stay.

Thanks a lot,
Mark

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
3. Santiago del Monte
Hotel Cristal Aeropuerto***
4. Ranón
5. El Castillo
6. Muros de Nalón
7. El Pito
Hotel Álvaro
Hotel Rural Casona Selgas
8. Cudillero
Pensión Calito **
Hotel SPA La Casona de Lupa****
Casa Vieja del Sastre***
Casona de La Paca **
Hotel Azpiazu **
Hotel Casa Fernando II **
Hotel Casa Prendes**
Hotel El Chisco **
Hotel El Pescador **
Hotel La Casona de Pío **
Hotel Mariño **
Hotel Valle Las Luiñas **
Hotel El Fornón *
Hotel Yendebarcas *
Pensión Álvaro **
Pensión Alver **
Pensión Casa Miguel **
Pensión El Camarote **
Pensión Prada**
Hotel Rural Lupa **
9. Villademar
10. Rellayo, El
La Casona de Benito***

Hi Falcon,

Thank you very much! This is an awesome list. Did you use a web site to gather the list? Would you have a URL?

Thanks a lot,
Mark

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Mark,

I stayed at the Hotel Alvaro in El Pito - nice place, about Euro25 from memory - http://www.aldeadecerecedo.com. It's a 20-30 minute walk into Cudillero where there are some really nice restaurants. Cudillero is a bit touristy, but it is well worth a visit.
Buon Camino

Most read last week in this forum