• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Backpack...

Saint Francesco

Hi everyone... I have a private question... I will start my Camino in August for the first time. I have bought a Deuter 55+10 backpack which is really great but as I see now a little bit too heavy. I woud go now for a Deuter ACT lite 38+5. Will it be enough? It's the only model in the range 30-55L available in my town, in Croatia.
Thanks for your replies...

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Having just gotten back, I will yell you, that that is the perfect size, I had a 55+ 10, and it was to heavy,and just an excuse to put more in.
You will be surprised with what you don't need. Leave the bed roll at home. The only time I used mine was the last day. We went to the beach in Vigo, and I used it for a mat. Leave the rain jacket and rain pants at home, a poncho that covers your pack will be plenty . Bring a hat that covers your head and face.
I pair of long pants that zip off to shorts, 1 pair shorts,2 light weight,fast dry shirts,2 underwear,3 pai

Sent from my Xoom using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Pairs socks,and Toothbrush ,toothpaste,deodorant,& comb. I promise that is all you will need. Anything you need is readily available. Except hair conditioner .
Take lots of pictures so you can recall each town . Have a safe trip! Buen Camino!

Sent from my Xoom using Camino de Santiago Forum mobile app

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum