• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Bag Transfer

LAL

Time of past OR future Camino
I have walked the Camino France's from St Jean PDP to Santiago de Compostella in 2012. We plan to do th Portuguese Camino in ( October 2015 ) from Lisbon.
My name is Jonathon and my wife and I (both 66) plan to do the Portuguese Camino in October. Does anyone know of any companies or similar who transfer bags each day. We did the Frances Camino a few years ago and noted that there were a few companies who collected bags each day and dropped them off at the the next town where one planned to walk to. Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you MM. That is great news. Coming from Australia we need to take more than just Camino walking gear. Cheers LAL

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thank you MM. That is great news. Coming from Australia we need to take more than just Camino walking gear. Cheers LAL

Bonjour from Espalion where we are having a rest day before continuing to Conques (and just loving the Camino from Le Puy despite blisters).

We will then recommence our Camino in Tui on the Spanish/Portuguese border. We are also aussies using bag services. I booked the Spanish stages with a company "Hike Tech" in April and have paid ahead, however I am having trouble contacting them. Their eontact email from the website doesn't seem to work and I want to reconfirm the arrangements. I would appreciate advice if anyone has information about Hike Tech or suggestions on how to contact them. Buen Camino everyone Sue L

Hi Jonathan, when are you starting out and where are you starting from?
I ask because my wife, Caroline, and I have just completed Lisbon to Porto before returning home to work. Caroline has damaged discs in her back and can no longer carry a rucsac and so I arrange for her bag to be transported.
I found it much more costly to arrange when compared with France or Spain. Most places will arrange transport or even do it themselves. I'll happily provide more info. if you want/need.
Bom Caminho,
Ian

Most read last week in this forum