• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

LIVE from the Camino Baggage transfer and boat from Caminha

DenyseB

Time of past OR future Camino
Walked Camino Frances 2014 & 2015
Camino del Norte 2017, Camino Portuguese 2020
Two things:
1.We have been using TopSantiago for baggage transfer since Porto. For one bag 8 Euros in Portugal, 6 Euros in Spain. The company will do transfers from Lisbon, but do not know the conditions/rules.
2. Taking a boat from Caminha to Spain. We booked Xacebeo online two days before we wanted to leave Caminha. 6 Euros for a passenger, 8 Euros for passenger and bicycle. They departed Caminha on time, near the roundabout at the far end of town, just before the bridge that you take out of Caminha towards Tui. Departed on time in a boat that can hold 6/maybe 8 people and a bike? Suggest booking in advance.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
From what I saw a couple of days ago, if he needs several trips for the passengers that he has, then he will go back and forth more than once.

Just to add some, what I think is relevant info to this thread: There is also a boat service called Camino By Boat(you can find them on Facebook under that name) that allows you to paddle up the Mino river to Valenca/Tui from Caminha. It was a much needed day off for my feet. Includes an awesome picnic on the bank. It is run by a wonderful and friendly Spanish/German couple. Just another option if you are thinking of transferring from the Coastal to Central route @ Caminha.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum