• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bardigues

Glenshiro

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy - SdC, Podiensis, Frances, Invierno 2012-23
Does anyone have recent experience of accommodation in Bardigues? I am planning next year's walk (already!) from Moissac to Aire sur l'Adour and would like to spend the first night there. However, an email to the only known CH, run by Sophie Tute, had a reply to the effect that she was not available (in June 2015)

I know Auvillar is popular, but I'd like to go a bit further on my first day. Thanks.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My Gites France comes up with Le Chambre du Jardin, a 4 star rated Clevacances Chambre d'hôtes that looks divine at €110 to €135 per night..... with swimming pool, dancing maidens and string quartet (well, perhaps not). According to the site map it is in Bardigues. Too rich for me but if you are interested (or can share the cost) here's the website

http://www.chambres-hotes.fr/chambres-hotes_le-chambre-du-jardin_auvillar_25600_en.htm

My Gites France comes up with Le Chambre du Jardin, a 4 star rated Clevacances Chambre d'hôtes that looks divine at €110 to €135 per night..... with swimming pool, dancing maidens and string quartet (well, perhaps not). According to the site map it is in Bardigues. Too rich for me but if you are interested (or can share the cost) here's the website

http://www.chambres-hotes.fr/chambres-hotes_le-chambre-du-jardin_auvillar_25600_en.htm

Thanks, Kanga, I'm sure my wife would love it! However, I'm looking for somewhere a tad more modest.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I suppose it doesn't help a lot to tell you to change your plans, but if there's one day you might consider walking further than your normal stretch, this it it. Saint-Antoine may be more kms away from Moissac than you'd like to walk, but the first hours along the canal (if you go that way) are the easiest of your entire trek, and the terrain from Auvillar to Saint-Antoine is not at all challenging.

Thanks to you both - I may well consider walking on to St Antoine, there just doesn't seem to be any accommodation in Bardigues, and it's easily within my limits. On the other hand, Auvillar looks like a nicer place to spend the night. Any opinions?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I stayed in 2009 in Bardigues in a Chambre d'hotes, Mme Tute, an English woman, sophietute@hotmail.com.uk ( 05-63-39-60-30), it is still in the Miam Dodo guide, open all the year. Had a big room with seperate entrance and she brought me breakfast in the morning. In the evening she cooked me a meal, which I was served in her kitchen.

I stayed in 2009 in Bardigues in a Chambre d'hotes, Mme Tute, an English woman, sophietute@hotmail.com.uk ( 05-63-39-60-30), it is still in the Miam Dodo guide, open all the year. Had a big room with seperate entrance and she brought me breakfast in the morning. In the evening she cooked me a meal, which I was served in her kitchen.
Unfortuately, she no longer seems to be operating (see my original post.)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
She is not listed in the 2014 MMDI.

When walking the first time I stayed in Auvillar. Nice little place. The second time we'd been joined at Moissec by two couples, friends who'd never walked before. As a gentle start we only went as far as Jenny Smithers (Chambre et table d'hotes de Pugnal) before Boudou.....
Really beautiful place, nice people. I know not relevant to the OP but maybe others who want a gentle start.
http://www.pugnal.com

Last edited:
Thanks to all who have chipped in on this. The result seems to be that there is no accommodation in Bardigues, so I think I'll spend the first night in Auvillar - too nice a place to just stroll through. However, reading other posts has enabled me to choose what will be (I hope) some better overnight stops than I first thought off - so thanks to everyone who posts.

Bon chemin et bon courage.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thanks to all who have chipped in on this. The result seems to be that there is no accommodation in Bardigues, so I think I'll spend the first night in Auvillar - too nice a place to just stroll through. However, reading other posts has enabled me to choose what will be (I hope) some better overnight stops than I first thought off - so thanks to everyone who posts.

Bon chemin et bon courage.

Start late morning in Auvillar and have lunch in Bardigues , it comes very highly recommended.
It is not open on mondays.
This could allow just accommodation in Lectoure and not Demi Pension.
or
Why not write to the restr.in Bardigues and ask if there is accommodation in this very small hamlet.

Auvillar was a nice little place....one of the 100 beaux villages, as I recall.
We stayed at a less interesting but excellent Chambre d'Hote. Once again, stretching my memory, I think it was the village with the cat sculptures all around in windows and buildings, along with the full size tiny-headed-obese-people sculptures that we first saw in Moissac outside the Abbey.

Auvillar was a nice little place....one of the 100 beaux villages, as I recall.
We stayed at a less interesting but excellent Chambre d'Hote. Once again, stretching my memory, I think it was the village with the cat sculptures all around in windows and buildings, along with the full size tiny-headed-obese-people sculptures that we first saw in Moissac outside the Abbey.

Do you remember the name of the Chamber d'Hote? We are doing the walk next April and I am trying to put together a list of recommended Chambre d'Hote , hotels and other private lodgings. We are also interested in the Gite's with private rooms if anybody has a list it would be most appreciated. I have a copy of MMDD and when I do get a recommending I mark it in the guide book.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Horloge
2 Place Horloge
82340 Auvillar
France
+33 5 63 39 91 61

A very nice hotel at the entrance to Auvillar.

Horloge
2 Place Horloge
82340 Auvillar
France
+33 5 63 39 91 61

A very nice hotel at the entrance to Auvillar.

Thanks Falcon, it does look like a very nice hotel but I was looking for something more befitting a Pilgrims budget.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am very interested in walking from Le Puy to St. Jean in July. I've completed several other Caminos, so I am afraid I'm a little too casual with my prep for this one. I going to spend the next...
Hi, newish pilgrim here, 20, Irish, I completed the Ingles last year and absolutely loved it, and am now setting off on le Chemin du Puy + el Camino Frances on Wednesday. I need to receive a...
I have an extra private en-suite room in Marcilhac for May 8. $50. Message me!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back