• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Best starting point for 1 week visit

cathyke

Hi

I have one week to spend walking some of the Camino Frances (including travelling there and back) and would like some advice on which is the best section to do with only a week. I'm going in July, flying from London. Things I'm thinking about:
I've already walked from Astorga to Fisterra and don't really want to do that stretch again
as I've only a week, I don't want to spend ages getting there - so my starting point should be as easily accessible from London as poss
I don't want to do lots of road walking - much prefer quiet paths etc.

Anyone any advice?
Thanks
Cathy

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
you say the camino frances which I havent walked all of, but i absolutely lovede the meseta, so maybe backtrack a week from astorga, but it may be hot in july (may not be, i walked beginning july and found it pleasent)

also I'm thinking that (having only a week) maybe fly into (and out of) asturias and make your way somewhere in the middle of the route or maybe another option could be the primitivo you could get going on the first day, I seem to remember the first albergue is about 8km out of oviedo.

another good thing about asurias is really cheap airfare from london

pamplona has an airport too but no direct flights so would cost you a whole day (and i would really let the airport decide my route had i only a week including to and from)

Most read last week in this forum